Feels Like Home Work Van

What are some of your typical services?

Fire and water damage restoration
Certified Mold Remediation experts
Deodorizing home, office and automobiles
Smoke and pet odor removal
Carpet and upholstery cleaning
Furnace and duct cleaning, sanitizing
Storm damage clean up and repair
24 hour emergency response
We use only environmentally safe products and procedures
We are Insurance claims specialists

What is the difference between a professional restoration and a cleaning company?

A restoration company does more than just clean. Restoration involves issues that deal with personal health, such as mold, mildew, unhealthy contamination and air born disease.
Research shows that the first 24 hours is critical in preventing mass contamination. So a quick response from a restoration company is imperative.
Trained and certified restorers know where to look for damage, how to protect the customer and how to assist the insured or client in making a fair and complete assessment of ALL damage due to fire, smoke, water, and mold.

Are there any standards to determine if the job was done properly?

As a certified firm of the Institute of Inspection Cleaning and Restoration Certification (IICRC) as well as Indoor Air Quality Association (IAQA) and Restoration Consultants of CA. (ARMT) we follow strict and accurate guidelines for professional restorers and insurance agencies. On mold remediations we use only certified microbiologist for quality clearance and release.

Should I be concerned about mold in my home or office?

Mold is a naturally occurring part of a healthy ecology. It is common to find mold spores in the air both outside and inside your office or home. In fact, most of the mold that you find indoors comes from outside. The spores are carried in by the air currents and some are deposited in the interior of the building, while the bulk of the spores are carried out of the building by the same air currents.
Generally, as long as the indoor mold spore levels are no higher than outdoor levels there are few adverse reactions to the mold. However, according to the California Department of Health Services, as the amount of mold becomes more extensive or mold spore levels become elevated, it can cause allergic reactions, asthma episodes, infections, and other respiratory problems. Mold can also cause structural damage to homes.

What should I do if I suspect mold but cannot find it?

Call a Certified Industrial Hygienist or Microbiologist trained in mold remediation.

How can I tell if I have elevated mold spores in my home or office?

First of all, if you see mold growth you should look for the water or moisture source and try to stop or prevent it. By preventing an accumulation of moisture or water, you prevent mold growth. Where there is minimal or no visible mold growth, but there is a musty or moldy odor, the investigation of where it's coming from becomes a little more difficult. Again look for any area of moisture.
If there is a concern about elevated mold spores, then air sampling maybe required. A trained and experienced environmental consultant should do the sampling. Sampling can also be very expensive. Depending on the environmental consultant, the rates for services can range from $75.00 to $300.00 per hour plus expenses and lab costs.

Can I use bleach to clean up my mold?

NO - A certified technician must be called to safely remove any mold contamination.

WHY?

The purpose of mold remediation is to remove the mold and prevent human exposure as well as damage to the building materials and furnishings. They will call for certified industrial hygienist to inspect and identify any and all contaminated areas.
The CIH will then write a protocol for the remediation to be successful. It is necessary to clean up all mold contamination, not not just Kill the Mold. Dead Mold is still allergenic and some dead molds are potentially toxic. The use of Biocides, such as CHLORINE BLEACH, is not recommended as a safe procure during mold remediation according to EPA standards and New York City Guidelines for mold remediation.

How does mold become a problem?

Mold spores are everywhere. In order for mold to grow, moisture must be present. The necessary moisture can simply come from prolonged high humidity or from more catastrophic events such as floods, sewer backflows, leaky roofs or plumbing leaks. Once the structure gets wet, if it does not dry out or dries out slowly, mold spores can germinate and begin to grow on surfaces that provide a food source.

How much mold does it take to make me sick?

That's a difficult question to answer. It's like asking how much sun it takes to cause sunburn. It varies from person to person. For some it takes very little exposure to cause an adverse reaction. I recently read an article about a little girl that could not be in direct sunlight. To do so would result in severe blistering. On the other hand, some people can be in the sun for long periods of time without any adverse reaction. Also, when someone is severely sunburned, he or she becomes more sensitive, in other words, it takes less exposure the next time to create the same reaction. Likewise, exposure to mold can make someone more sensitive to it. Once a person is removed from the exposure, the reactions tend to diminish. While sun is primarily a dermal exposure issue, with a potential for heat stress, adverse reactions to mold exposure can be dermal or internal due to ingestion or respiration. As a general rule, when you see mold the moisture problem needs to be resolved and the mold removed.

Are some people at greater risk than others?

High levels of mold are not healthy for anyone inside a building. Those individuals that appear to be at higher risk are infants, elderly, immune compromised (those with HIV infection, liver disease or undergoing chemotherapy), pregnant women and individuals with existing respiratory conditions, such as allergies, multiple chemical sensitivity and asthma.
If you have concerns about your health, you should consult a physician for advice.

What are the symptoms of exposure to mold?

According the California Department of Health Services, the most common symptom is an allergic reaction. Other reactions may include one or a combination of the following: respiratory problems, such as wheezing, and difficulty in breathing; nasal and sinus congestion; eyes-burning, watery, reddened, blurry vision, light sensitivity; dry, hacking cough; sore throat; nose and throat irritation; shortness of breath; skin irritation; central nervous system problems (constant headaches, memory problems and mood changes); aches and pains; and possible fever.

Does it matter what kind of mold is found in my home?

The reaction to the amount and types of molds in a home will vary from person to person. Some molds will produce mycotoxins, or toxins produced by molds. Simply spraying a mildewcide on mold will not remove or inactivate the mycotoxins that have already been produced. An adverse reaction from dead mold or mold spores can still happen. Not all molds produce mycotoxins all the time. And it may take a lot of mold to produce enough of a dose of mycotoxin to produce a poison. The amount of mycotoxin required to create a reaction has not clearly been established. Tolerance to these mycotoxins again varies from person to person.




"In doing research to find someone to remedy our situation, I found many paths leading to the Reynolds from very satisfied sources. Our pesronal experience found them extremely professional, personable, prompt, fair in their pricing, thorough and a business we would not hesitate to use again or to highly recommend to others. We felt extremely comfortable having them work in our homes.

To anyone who is having to deal with the unpleasant finding of restoration needs in your home, "Feels Like Home" is a company that can help put your mind to ease and resolve your issues." - C. Barker

Our Certifications:

  • Institute of Inspection Cleaining and Restoration Certification (IICRC)
    Water Damage Restoration (WRT)
    Fire & Smoke Restoration (FSRT)
    Applied Structural Drying (ASD)
    Odor Control (OCT)
    Residential Carpet Cleaning (CCT)
    Commercial Carpet Maintenance (CCMT)
    Proffesional Mold Remediation (S520)
  • Indoor Air Quality Association (IAQA)
  • Restoration Industry Association (RIA)
  • Restoration Consultants
IICRC, RestCon, IAQA logos.